Please note that the charge to your credit card will appear on your statement as 'NIU Outreach, DeKalb, IL'
Transfer, Cancel, No Show and Insufficient Enrollment
Participant Transfers: 15 Calendar days advance communication to (800) 656-5317
- Substitutions are welcome 15 or more calendar days in advance of the course start date without charge.
- Your transfer to another course will be accepted 21 or more calendar days in advance of the course start date without charge.
- Your transfer to another course 20 or fewer calendar days prior to the course start date will result in a transfer fee of 30% of the registration course fee.
Participant Cancellations: 21 Calendar days advance communication to (800) 656-5317
- 21 or more calendar days in advance of start date -- Full Refund, No Fee
- 15 to 20 days notice in advance of start date -- 30% of regular registration price
- 8 to 14 days notice in advance of start date -- 40% of regular registration price
- 7 or less days notice prior to start date -- 50% of regular registration price
No Show, No Contact, Contact after course begins -- No Refund
No Show - No Refund: No refunds will be issued to participants who do not show up for class and do not have documented proof of cancellation.
Insufficient Enrollment: We'd like all of our courses to run for the participants involved, but we must make decisions based on finances in order to offer quality instruction, materials, comfortable sites, and good food. In addition, our courses need to offer the attendee interaction you expect from a quality provider.
Our lead time begins three weeks from the start date, at which time we look at enrollment numbers, where people are traveling from, and other variables. If most of the people are local, we might wait another week or even two until a run or no-run decision is made.
For host sites that cater to local audiences (no plane travelers), we may make decisions only 7 days from the start date.
If we notify you or your company representative that the course is cancelled, we will be sure to offer two choices: a) transfer without any penalty fee, or b) full refund of payment.
Please encourage your colleagues to register early and please give at least two methods for contact on your initial registration form (Phone, cell phone, email, fax)
For those planning travel, call us at any time for enrollment updates and be sure to book a refundable plane ticket.
Map/Driving Directions: To view a map and/or driving directions, click the link below. If you experience a problem, type this address into your internet browser.
Planning for your Course: Stay Informed!
At the National Safety Education Center, we have many course offerings and observe a normal range of registration levels. Some courses fill quickly and close early while other courses with lower enrollments may require rescheduling. Due to these varied situations, please plan your course registration early. Be sure to send multiple registrations in the same envelope and be careful not to book a plane flight until you get a go-ahead from our office. Call 815-753-6902 to keep informed, and read the policies below.